Thursday 22 May 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I was filling out an online form for motor insurance recently and was asked for my occupation. There were some very interesting options to choose from:

Chicken Sexer - surely they could spare people the ignomony of having to do this maually. Perhaps they could get the chickens to walk down Grafton St. The girls will all end up in the shoe shops, the boys in the pub (patent pending)....
Complementary Therapist - I presume this is somebody who tells you how well you are looking for a fee?
Fish Filleter - But no fish sexers? Thats non-discimination that is...
Fruiterer - I never heard this word before, but it is pretty obvious - someone who sells fruit apparently
Junk Shop Proprieter - Clearly there is a lot of junk out there - there was no such thing as a sandwich shop proprietor, electrical shop proprietor or any other type of shop proprietor - only junk - curious that...
Artificial Inseminator - Luckily no natural inseminators...

My favourite occupation was Independent Means. Where do I apply for that job?